Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 35 of 35

Thread: Radian diaphragms

  1. #31
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Radian diaphragms

    The guy wants about $20 for shipping, Though...... I'm also a little bit leery of buying from overseas. I wonder what they'll go for....... I'll have to "watch" that auction.


    BTW somebody might wanna look at this...

    4 Peavey a/a-4000t Horns and 4 Altec Box Speakers - eBay (item 370214412522 end time Jun-16-09 16:03:06 PDT)

    I know somebody that might even take the Sleazeys off your hands...
    Saw that...... I didn't know Peavey made horns like that. They remind me of Mantarays.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  2. #32
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Radian diaphragms

    Saw that...... I didn't know Peavey made horns like that. They remind me of Mantarays.
    It's the quad of 9844 monitors that you should be looking at
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member robertbartsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2009
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Radian diaphragms

    My search of FleaBay did not reveal any OEM Altec diaphragms for small format 802-d compression drivers..... only aftermarket frams from China.

  4. #34
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Radian diaphragms


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Radian diaphragms

    Quote Originally Posted by robertbartsch View Post
    My search of FleaBay did not reveal any OEM Altec diaphragms for small format 802-d compression drivers..... only aftermarket frams from China.
    Just means there were none up the day you posted...

    If you want them, they can be found...the point is they are certainly available...

    Although if you get Altec branded frams from the last few years they really will be GPA's.

    As I said, Altec Pro sold GPA under their label...the ones in the silly 11 thousand dollar Vot.s for instance.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  5. #35
    Inactive Member dgwojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Radian diaphragms

    Hello,
    I haven't posted in a while, I'm in the auto parts industry near Detroit and nobody has to tell you how bad things are. Companies feel they can crap all over you and you should just be happy to still have a job. Yes, I'm grateful to still be working, but I miss my free time!!

    I'm staying out of the debate on sound quality, opinions as you know are like A$$holes, everyone has one!! I don't have any way to measure them so I guess I'm better off just not knowing their curves, although it would be interesting for sure, trying different motors including recharged ones from GPA.

    I fail to see much difference from the EVI/Telex 26420 vs the Radian, fit and feel were identical, just the terminals are different, I guess Radian made them for EVI in the 1990's? Here's some comparison pics, enjoy, Dave.

    11

    12
    Altec A7's (Lansing 515-8LF,802-8G,511B) & (GPA 515-8LF, Eminence PXB2:800, BMS 4552ND, 511B), homebrew Model 18's (604-8H) with Elite 80+ Tube Amps and BBE DS26 bi-amp crossover.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.